Blogs are a very convenient and effective way to post news and commentaries as well as gather feedback from your audience.
1. Creating a new blog
- Go to Apps / Blogs Manager / Blogs and click New.
- Configure the blog settings. There's an explanation in italics under each field.
- Click Save to create the new blog.
- Now go to Blog Users and add them. Once the blog is added to a page, users login to it — directly from the website's front-end — so depending on the roles you assign to them they can create new entries, categories, etc.
Note: Site Administrators should login using their admin.yourwebdepartment.com logins. Do not create duplicate blog user entries.
2. Adding the blog content block to a page
- Go to the page you'd like to insert the blog, click Add content and then Blogs Manager.
- Select the blog from the dropdown list.
- Select the options for this blog instance.
- Content block position: normally a blog should be positioned in the Main column so there's enough room to display it properly.
- Your website can have multiple blogs, but do not place more than one blog on a single page.
3. Creating a blog post
- Go to the page that contains your blog, either on your live site, or through the Preview Page interface in the YWD interface.
- Login to the blog. If the login button is not visible then it has been disabled in the blog content block properties, or the blog is locked (blog properties).
- Add a title, select a date, enter the blog contents and the other information. Click here for details.
- Unless your entries require authorization they will be available immediatly.