First, create a Google account (if you don't have one already)
- You may already have a Google account – for GMail, for example – so in this case you can use it to signup to Analytics. Otherwise you need to create a Google account first.
» Learn how to create a Google account
Then, sign up for Google Analytics and copy the tracking code
- Go to the Google Analytics website: http://www.google.com/analytics and sign up. If you need help, check out Google's Get Started page.
- Once you have Analytics set up for your website, click on the Analytics Admin button at the top:
- Select your "Property" (that’s how Google refers to your website) and under Tracking Info click on Tracking Code. Select and copy the whole tracking code provided by Google, like on this example:
- Copy the code in its entirety
- You still need to add the tracking code to your website using YWD's Google Analytics tool