Design grid information:
- The content area is 1000px wide
That means that unless a page is set to full width in the Page Properties the main column as well as the left and right sidebars (if any) will always be 1000px wide.
- In addition to the main column, a page may also have sidebars
Depending on how you set up the main navigation in the Design settings, a page may display navigation on the left sidebar. You may also set content blocks to appear on the left or right sidebars. Their widths will always be as follows:
- Left sidebar: 190px + 14px gutter
- Right sidebar: 290px + 14px gutter
- The main column width will adjust automatically
The main column width will vary according to the presence of sidebars:
Sidebar? Main column width None 1000px Left only 796px Right only 696px Both 506px
- You can also change the left/right sidebars width
By default, they are 20% and 30% of the page width. You can reverse that ratio through a setting in Design > Layout > Advanced layout settings. In that case:
- Left sidebar: 290px + 14px gutter
- Right sidebar: 190px + 14px gutter
- The left, main and right columns can have internal padding
For instance, if you find that the lines are too long on the main column the system lets you specify a right margin so that they become more legible. You can enter margins for the Home page and for all the others (globally) in the Design settings.