- Create a MailChimp account.
- Create a MC mailing list.
- (Optional) Create a campaign and join it with a list.
- Create an API Key. This is done under the account dropdown.
- Get mailing list's unique ID. This is found under the list's settings. This value determines which mailing list a form is associated with. In our case we could have a separate mailing list for designers and businesses.
- Modify the "list data". This determines which form items/values are passed to MC. ie: name, phone, company name etc. *** This value needs to match the database name of the form item in the Forms Manager EXACTLY. A List data entry called "email" must exist as a database name for the email field of your form. Matching capitalization is important here. ***
- (Optional) If using auto responders (1,3 and 5 day follow ups) a "joindate" field must be added to the list data in MC however, this field does not need to be added to form (in YWD's Form) itself. The auto responders should be customized.
- (Optional) If using the "send mailchimp welcome" - the welcome form for the list should be customized. If this value is set to "yes" when someone subscribes using the form tool, mailchimp fires off the welcome email.
Through YWD's Forms Manager Tool:
- Create a form.
- Set MailChimp integration to "yes".
- Enter MailChimp API key and MailChimp unique ID (from MC).
- Select send welcome message or not.
- Create form fields - email field must exist and must be called "email". *** Any form items/values that are to be passed to MC must match (the DB name) with the value(s) entered in step 6 above. ***
- Publish the form.
- Add form to a page.
You can also create your form on MailChimp or Jotform, grab its code and simply embed it into the page, using an Embed Code tool.