To add Google Search:
1. Obtain your website’s ‘Search engine unique ID’ from Google:
- Go to the Google Custom Search page and click on the 'Create a Custom Search Engine' button.
- Give your custom search any name and description you want, and select the language.
- In 'Sites to Search:' enter your website name e.g. www.mywebsite.com
- Choose between the 'Standard edition' or 'Site Search'. The former is free but will display Google ads on the search results. The latter is much preferable for a business websites, but costs $100/year and up (payable directly to Google, not YWD).
- Continue until the custom search is created. Leave the style as 'Default'.
- Once you're done, click on the link 'basics'. In the 'Basic information' section, you will see a 'Search engine unique ID:' popup. Copy that whole long sequence of numbers and letters in bold.
2. Add the ’Search engine unique ID’ to your website in YWD:
- In the YWD back-end, go to Apps / Google Search
- click the 'New' button in the toolbar above and paste the Search engine unique ID that you just copied from Google.
- Click the 'Save' button. A Google Search box will now appear automatically the top of all pages of the live website (but not in 'Preview" mode).
- You may remove the Google Search at any time by simply using the 'Delete' button in the toolbar above.