Automatically fetch the most recent tweets of a Twitter feed and embed them into your page as an interactive widget.
An example of a Twitter feed:
Adding a Twitter feed to a page of your website is therefore a 2-step process:
1. Create the widget on Twitter
- While logged in to your Twitter account, go to https://dev.twitter.com/web/embedded-timelines/user
- Click the Create a new embedded user timeline link and then select Embedded Timeline.
- Copy the code provided by Twitter.
2. Insert the widget into your page in YWD
- In YWD, navigate to the page where you'd like to insert the Twitter feed, click the Add content button and select Twitter Feed content type.
- A dialog form similar to the one you see here will be shown. Paste the code for your widget that you just copied from Twitter into the field.
- YWD allows you to override/customize some of its default options if you want.
- Click Save.
Just like any other content block, you can position a Twitter Feed content block on the Left, Main (the default) or Right columns, have it stacked or side by side, apply an Autoformat to it, etc.
Pasting the code supplied by Twitter into a Twitter Feed content block in YWD
You can also use the Embed Code tool to paste the code supplied by Twitter for your widget directly into an Embed Code content block in YWD. However, you won't be able to use the additional customizations provided by YWD's Twitter Feed tool. You can also use the Twitter Feed, Plain tool to display a simple list of your tweets.