Configuring your new email account(s) on your BackBerry
These screenshots are from a BlackBerry 9800 smartphone 3G running OS version 126.96.36.199. These instructions may be slightly different on different models and OS versions.
- From your home screen, scroll down and tap Setup.
- Tap Email Accounts.
- Tap Internet Mail Account.
Skip to step 4 if you have no email accounts on your Blackberry already.
- Tap Set up another email account.
- Tap Other.
- Enter your email address and password then tap Continue.
- A processing message will be displayed on your screen.
- Tap Change Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Advanced Options. The following settings need to be edited:
Email Server: mail.yourdomain.com
Use SSL: Optional. You can check this option if you want SSL. SSL should work from most connections. The port number will automatically change from 110 to 995 if you select SSL.
- If you get the error message below, then you should try again with SSL disabled. Tap OK and open Advanced Options again.
- Change your email server to mail.yourdomain.com but leave SSL unchecked and then tap Save.
- Enter your email password to validate your changes and tap OK.
- The account has been configured! Tap on Return to Setup.