Configuring Outlook 2011 for Mac
1. Open Outlook. From the Tools menu, choose Accounts.
2. Click Email Account.
3. Enter your email settings as follows, and then click Add Account.
- E-mail address: enter your new email address
- Password: enter your new email password
- User name: enter your new email address
- Type: IMAP (Note: POP3 is also supported by our mail server. We recommend IMAP but you can select POP3 if you prefer.)
- Incoming server: mail.hostedemail.com
- Use SSL to connect (recommended) needs to be checked
- Outgoing server: mail.hostedemail.com
- Put a check next to Override default port and also put a check next to Use SSL to connect (recommended). Next, change the port number from 25 to 465.
4. Click the More Options button. Select Use Incoming Server Info from the authentication list, and then click OK.
5. Close the Accounts window.
6. Outlook automatically downloads your email messages and IMAP folders. The account configuration is now complete!